Sibrwd Operator wanted for Golygfeydd o’r Pla Du tour
Our colleagues at Carmarthen Theatres are looking for a welsh speaker for the tour of Golygfeydd o’r Pla Du which is coming to the Borough Theatre in May.
We are seeking an individual to operate our access app ‘’Sibrwd” on tour.
Sibrwd is an access app developed by Galactig and Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru that ensures access to the performance whatever your level of Welsh. For more information on the app, please visit: https://theatr.cymru/en/the-company/sibrwd/
You will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Inputting the Sibrwd cues into the Sibrwd software.
- Editing the cues during technical rehearsals in collaboration with the Director
- Setting up the Sibrwd system at each venue on tour
- Operating Sibrwd manually during each performance
- Front of House duties; ensuring audience members are clear and comfortable with downloading and using the app and instructing on its use.
Previous experience of Sibrwd is not essential, as training on the Sibrwd software will be conducted.
The ability to travel around tour venues is essential for this role.
The ability to speak Welsh is essential for this role.
- During Rehearsals: 6 days preparation between 11th April – 4th May 2023 at Ffwrnes, Llanelli @ £150 per day
- On tour: 13 days of performances between 5th – 26th May 2023 @ £100 per day (tour schedule here)
Accommodation and subsistence provided for some tour dates, plus travel costs reimbursed
To apply, please send an email expressing your interest to Sharon Casey