How we will use your information
We collect the following categories of information from you directly when purchasing tickets, or indirectly through our ticket sales website when tickets are purchased. We also collect this data from you with your consent when you actively join our Emailing list.
- Telephone contact details
- Email address
- Postal address
Source of your personal data
- This information has been shared with The borough theatre on behalf of Monmouthshire County Council by another organisation as detailed below – e.g. ticketsolve, and the linked payment software
- The information was shared by you directly when purchasing tickets or by signing up to our elist.
If you would like further information on the source of this information please contact the theatre. You may be required to apply for this information as a Subject Access Request.
Purpose and legal basis for using your information
Our legal reason(s) for using your information:
- You have consented for us to have your information so that you can receive marketing information, or to enable purchased tickets to be sent to you, or that you may be contacted via telephone for updates of information
- Processing is necessary under legitimate interests – to enable you to receive our marketing information.
- We are under legal obligation to process your information (i.e. reporting to Wales Audit Office)
For further information on legal basis please visit www.ico.org.uk
Who will have access to your information?
The Data Controller for your information is Monmouthshire County Council.
Other Data Controllers may also be responsible for your information, depending on the specific circumstances. Please contact the Service Area for further information.
These are the departments we share your data with internally:
- The Borough theatre Abergavenny
- Internal Audit
These are the agencies/ organisations we share your data with externally:
- Our ticketing software: Ticketsolve, Suite 12, 600 Commercial Road, London E14 7LA
- Payment software linked to our ticketing software: Realex Payments, 11th Floor Blue Fin Building,110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU.
There are circumstances where we are legally obliged to share your information with :
Government Law Enforcement Agencies e.g. with the Police under the Prevention or Detection of Crime Act.
Wales Audit Office
Requests for information
All recorded information held by Monmouthshire Council may be subject to requests under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and General Data Protection Regulation including any other Data Protection law.
If the information you provide is subject to such a request, where possible Monmouthshire County Council will consult with you on its release. If you object to the release of your information we will withhold your information if the relevant legislation allows.
You have consented to your contact details being used for marketing purposes. You will have been provided with details of the marketing that the Borough Theatre distributes on behalf of Monmouthshire County Council, together with any options such as how you would like to be contacted. i.e. email of telephone You are able to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by contacting the Box Office at the Borough Theatre.
How long will we retain your information?
How long Monmouthshire County Council retains information is determined through statutory requirements or best practice.
We will hold your contact information until you ask for it to be removed.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- The right to compensation if Monmouthshire County Council fail to comply with certain requirements of General Data Protection Regulation in respect of your information.
For further information please refer to www.ico.org.uk
If you object to the way that Monmouthshire County Council is handling your data, you have the right to complain. Please contact the Service Area detailed at the top of this document outlining your issues. Please follow this link for further information on the complaints process.
Data Privacy Summary Notice
How we will use your information
Processing of your personal data by the Borough Theatre (MCC) is necessary to allow us to send your purchased tickets, or to contact you via email or telephone with marketing information, as you have instructed us to do. Without this information, the theatre may not be able to fulfil its obligation to keep you informed as requested.
Your details will be legitimately shared with selected staff responsible for administration/ coordination of the Borough theatres marketing duties in a safe and secure manner. From time to time it may also be necessary that we share your personal details with Internal and External Auditors Your personal details will not be shared further, unless in relation to safeguarding or other legal obligations.
Your records will be safely stored and retained in line with our retention policy, unless we need to retain under another lawful basis.
You have a number of rights in relation to the information including the right of access to information we hold about you and the right to complain if you are unhappy with the way your information is being processed.
Should you need to make a complaint about the way your data has been processed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are not fully satisfied you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or via their helpline: 0303 123 1113