Terms and Conditions of the Name a Seat initiative.
The Borough Theatre Abergavenny is a facility provided by Monmouthshire County Council and hereinafter referred to as “The Borough Theatre”
These conditions apply to the Name a Seat initiative at The Borough Theatre.
Name a Seat is an initiative where we recognise the generosity of specific donation by mounting a small plaque on one of our seats for a period of 6 or 10 years.
The Borough Theatre Name a Seat scheme terms and conditions.
- Seats are named for a period of 6 or 10 years, after which the Borough Theatre reserves the right to make the seat available to re-name. We will endeavour to contact you before this expiry date to give you an opportunity to name it again.
- The naming date will start on the official reopening of the theatre and seats named after that be taken from the date of the plaque being attached.
- The dedication must be the name of an individual(s), a community organisation or “In Memory of” an individual(s). Please provide the chosen names up to a maximum of 30 characters, including spaces.
- Whilst local business can name a seat with messages of support for the theatre of local community activity, messages cannot be for the promotion of goods or services. Businesses interested in promotional opportunities should contact the theatres management team.
- Your chosen dedication will be engraved on a plaque, and it will be attached to a seat in the balcony area. Whilst we cannot guarantee as specific seat we will take into account any requests.
- The supporter named on the seat does not own the seat at any point. The seat will remain the property of the Borough Theatre.
- We reserve the right to limit the seating for certain productions. This could result in your named seat not being available for specific shows and events.
- Naming a seat does not include admission to individual performances or events or guarantee allocation of that seat for a particular performance.
- Seats cannot be reserved, payment must be made in full upon reservation.
- The donation made towards naming a seat is non-refundable.
- You cannot request for your named seat to be changed for an alternative seat after we have allocated it to you.
- You cannot change the name you have chosen to be engraved after confirmation with the theatre’s team, or after the name has been engraved on the plaque.
- In the event of a delay to the re-opening of the theatre beyond December 2022 and a delay to a plaque being placed on a seat, we will contact you to discuss returning your donation.